Venue: Sankara Hotel, Westlands, Nairobi (Map)
Time: 10:00am – noon
This event will open with an overview of TASAI by Dr. Edward Mabaya from Cornell University as well as a panel discussion based on the topic of “What TASAI can do for Africa’s seed sector” This panel will be moderated by Njeri Gakonyo from AGRA and will include the following presenters:
- Technology Transfer: Dr. Denis Kyetere (Executive Director of AATF)
- Private Seed Sector Representatives: Captain Karanja (General Manager of Freshco Seeds)
- Public Policy and Government Representative: Mr. Kenneth Owano Ayuko (Deputy Director of Agriculture for Policy Development Coordination)
- Farmers’ Representation: Mr. Mainza Mugoya (Policy Officer, East African Farmers’ Federation)
- Seed Sector Development Representation: Dr. George Bigirwa (Senior Program Officer, Program for Africa’s Seed System at AGRA)
- Country Expert: Dr. John Mburu (Project Coordinator at REMPAI)
The event will be attended by seed industry stakeholder from government, development agencies and the private sector along with member of the media.
To see the program for the day click here.